Christmas/Birthday, New Year and Updates

Well, if I haven't already mentioned, it is my Birthday on Christmas Day! So the past month has been rather busy for me. I have been well and truly spoilt once again, my bedroom was FULL to the brim, it was like I was a child again. I absolutely loved it, to be honest. As you can probably guess i got a lot of Disney inspired gifts including, beauty, clothing and homeware, well bedroom-ware. Lol. I got lots of make up, some of my favourite brands are, Charlotte Tilbury, Benefit and Urban Decay. I haven't really had new make up in a very long so to get some new products was lovely!

Christmas and Birthday favourites:
  • Snow White Disney Tradition
  • Benefit Hoola bronzer
  • Benefit Roller lash
  • Benefit Gimme brow
  • Urban Decay Naked 3 palette
  • Elemis eye cream
  • Jack Wills jumper
  • Jack Wills underwear
  • Lush products

I spent a lot of Christmas with my family, which means the world to me. I am very much a family person, I loved being with my family and giving them their presents. Everyone loved everything I got them which was a relief. 

This New Year I spent it with Jack and our 2 best friends, Sam and Emily for the third year in a row! We went into Leicester City centre, we went to TGI Fridays to line our stomachs and then headed into town, it was a brilliant night! We saw the New Year in at Terrace bar. However, We booked an apartment for the night through Booking.com to arrive and it not be quite like how we were told, it was absolutely horrendous (don't worry we wrote a strongly worded report) but we didn't let it ruin our night. 

Updates...
The week before we went to Disneyland Paris sadly our guinea pig, Forest passed away. I didn't post about it sooner due to it being too raw. Guinea pigs don't show signs of illness until it is too late, unfortunately and it was too late for Forest. He passed away due to suspected chest infection the vet suggested, it was a very sad time for everyone. However because we were going away the week after they were both booked in at https://www.nevillesnest.org.uk/boarding/ to stay for the week, I let Julia (founder of Neville's Nest) know of our situation and she was very understanding. Julia suggested bonding with another boar (neutered) whilst we were away so when we got back from our holiday, Pewter was happily bonded with Ned (our newest piggy member). I would really recommend Neville's Nest for guinea pig adoption, Julia is massively helpful and very much a guinea pig expert. Ned has settled with Pewter really well but he has developed ringworm, I was panicked when I saw his hair falling out when grooming him but I emailed Julia straight away and she was so helpful and suggested a solution. So far the treatment is working but may take 2-3 weeks for his hair to grow back, it is a very common disease for guinea pigs therefore no need to worry, Ned is fine within himself and he doesn't seem that bothered, so fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

For Jack's Christmas present I got him a trip to Dublin! so we are heading to the land of the Irish next week :) We also went to London last weekend with Jack's Mum and Stepdad to see Phoenix Nights (both series) at the Hammersmith Apollo. Whilst we were there we picked up a 15 box of Ben's Cookies, our favourite cookies EVER. Jack and I have also booked a summer holiday to Greece so bring on 2020! I can't wait, I have a good feeling about this year and you should too!

Write soon,

Holly x




Comments

Popular Posts